International law firm Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP serves as counsel to the world’s leading businesses, state entities, and international organisations on their most critical legal needs and business opportunities.
Fried Frank’s international arbitration practice is one of the most comprehensive and renowned in the world, and encompasses all forms of arbitration before the leading arbitration institutions and in ad hoc cases. These are often high-profile, complex disputes, and involve a high degree of reputational risk for clients.
Our attorneys act as counsel and arbitrators in international arbitrations, representing multinational corporations, international organisations and sovereign entities in cases brought before the International Chamber of Commerce, the London Court of International Arbitration, the International Centre for Dispute Resolution of the American Arbitration Association, the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes, the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, and the Singapore International Arbitration Centre, among other institutions. In addition, we represent clients in ad hoc cases brought pursuant to the Rules of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law.
We have handled disputes governed by the laws of Argentina, Austria, Brazil, China, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, New York (and other US jurisdictions), Peru, Russia, Sierra Leone, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and Uganda, among others, as well as disputes governed by public international law and disputes governed by the International Institute for the Unification of Private Law (UNIDROIT) and general principles of international commercial law.
Our engagements have included:
• commercial disputes raising claims of breach of contract, related tort claims of misrepresentation, price review, force majeure and other commercial matters;
• disputes arising from investment treaties and investment contracts;
• construction disputes of all kinds, including with respect to power plants, petrochemical plants, steel plants and semiconductor fabrication;
• disputes arising out of mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures;
• disputes relating to intellectual property, distribution agreements and licensing agreements; and
• disputes relating to takings of property without just compensation and other violations of International law.
Our client industries include oil and gas, energy and natural resources, financial services, technology and telecommunications, aerospace and defence, chemicals, industrial equipment, insurance, investment banking, pharmaceuticals, power systems, retail, satellites, semiconductors, and accounting, among others.