3rd Annual GAR Awards
Organiser: Global Arbitration Review • Sponsorship opportunities
21 February 2013 at 21:00 to 23:30
On the eve of the IBA's 16th Arbitration Day in Bogotá.
Global Arbitration Review will hold its 3rd annual awards - charity dinner at The Sheraton Bogotá Hotel.
The latest GAR30 rankings will be unveiled on the night with trophies awarded to each leading firm.
Proposed GAR AWARDS 2013
1. Best lecture or speech of past year
Last year’s winner: Toby Landau QC —"Saving Investment Arbitration From Itself"
2. Niche or regional practice that impressed in past year
Last year’s winner: Astigarraga Davis
3. Special contribution to international arbitration culture in Colombia
Last year’s winners (for Sweden): Stockholm Chamber of Commerce; Mannheimer Swartling; Ulf Franke
4. Innovation by an individual or organisation
Last year’s winners: ICC Court secretary general and chairman (for innovations in the context of the ICC Court); and LCIA for publishing challenge decisions
5. Best prepared/most organised chairperson
Last year’s winner: Gabrielle Kaufmann-Kohler
6. Large IA practice that impressed during past year
Last year’s winner: Skadden Arps Meagher & Flom
7. Most important published decision of past year in jurisprudential terms (published award or judgment)
Last year’s winner: Jivraj v Hashwani (Supreme Court of England). Abaclat majority decision on jurisdiction (runner up)
8. Best development of past year
Last year’s winner: ICC Rules
The awards ceremony is sponsored by the KLRCA - Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration.
If you are interested in sponsoring the event, please email events@GlobalArbitrationReview.com
Sponsors and media partners
In aid of:
This event contributes toward Law Business Research's sole support of The Swawou Layout School In Kenema, Sierra Leone. This Primary School which was founded by LBR provides an education and meals to more than 40 primary aged school girls who would not otherwise receive an education. A new building for the school funded entirely by the generosity of attendees at our award dinners is currently under construction.