Legislation and Standards Compliance
The following indicate guidelines we adhere to in development.
- Pages on this site should comply with Web Accessibility Initiative Standards. A degree of personal judgement has been applied, as accessibility cannot be measured acurately.
- Pages on this site should be valid HTML 4.0 Strict.
- Pages on this site should use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main titles and where appropriate H2 has been used for sub-headings.
- Majority of links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target (such as the headline of an article).
- External links are indicated by both visual and textual means.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
Visual Design Elements
- All content images used in this site include descriptive Alt attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null Alt attributes.
- Complex images will include LONGDESC attributes or inline descriptions to explain the significance of each image to non-visual readers.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes and a sans-serif font strings.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.